Thursday, November 2, 2017

Review: Mrs. Smith's Spy School for Girls

Abigail knows something's going on at her new boarding school, so she sneaks to the head mistress's office where she overhears a meeting. Unfortunately, she's caught. After her punishment, she decides to leave boarding school and go back home.

It doesn't work. Instead she learns that the school is a front for a spy team - for the elite students. Abigail's brought into the spy ring because of her mother.

Her mother has information that causing everyone stress. By using Abigail as bait, Mrs Smith believes she can learn that information. But of course nothing goes to plan and Abigail has ideas of her own and lots of questions!
My Thoughts: I really liked this one. I liked how Abigail stumbled onto the spy ring and how she was chosen because of her mother. I liked how she trained, but she didn't have the best ideas when out in the field. I like how nothing worked out the way it was supposed to. I liked the relationship between Abigail and the other spy students - how they were not friends but grew to trust each other. I hope this is the start of a new series.

Cover Thoughts: Love
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Grab this one for your middle school and public libraries.

No comments: