Monday, September 11, 2017

Review: It Girl

Anna isn't ambitious, but she's thrust into the spotlight when her father becomes engaged to a super famous actress. Soon people want to befriend her and she's making terrible choices. Can she pull herself together and become an It Girl?
My Thoughts:It sounds a little like Anna's craving the spotlight, which would be a very different book. She's not. She's just unsure about life and her place in it. 

I adored Dog (as usual). I really liked Anna's friendships and the emails and voice mails between her and her friends. I loved the message about being yourself and having your friends love you for who you are. Of course the awkward moments are equally entertaining and heart-wrenching. It was really cute and I'm looking forward to the second book.

Cover Thoughts: Pretty on par with the book
Source: my Library

Library Recommendation: Perfect for public or middle school libraries. Hand out to those looking for humorous and/or friendship books. 

No comments: