Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Hidden Gems

This week's topic is hidden gems or Quiet YA (books that have flown under the radar), but that are amazing and need to be shared. I'm picking from books I've read this year that I feel could use a little more love. These were excellent books that have so much in them to discuss.
meme from The Broke and the Bookish 

Girl Rising by Tanya Lee StoneVigilante by Kady CrossDie for You by Amy Fellner Dominy
Feminist Reads

Brave by Svetlana ChmakovaReal Friends by Shannon Hale
Graphic novels: bullies and friends

Everyday Magic by Emily AlbrightThe Other F-Word by Natasha FriendJust Another Girl by Elizabeth Eulberg
messed up family life

Journey Across the Hidden Islands by Sarah Beth DurstThe Dragon with a Chocolate Heart by Stephanie Burgis
fantastical reads

Have you read any of these?

4 comments:

Just Another Girl and Her Books said...

Great list! I haven't heard of any of these books, but I'm definitely going to be checking some of them out. - Katie

Eve said...

I'm not familiar with any of these titles but I like your spin on it. A couple of the covers caught my eye and I will be looking into them a bit more. My Top Ten

iloveheartlandX said...

I remember thinking The Other F Word sounded interesting, thank you for reminding me I wanted to check it out!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/08/29/top-ten-tuesday-122/

Astilbe said...

I haven't read any of these books yet, but Girl Rising sure sounds good.

Here is our TTT