Wednesday, July 19, 2017

The Great British Baking Show

For the past two weeks, I've fallen down the rabbit hole of The Great British Baking Show (seasons 2 and 3). And it makes me want to bake...Everything.


It also makes me realize I could never be a baker on the show. And here's why:

I'm a traditional baker
 I don't play around and experiment with baking
When I do change a recipes, it's mostly because of spices I don't like
 I don't make up my own recipes
 I don't recognize many of the desserts they make
 I would lose it under that intense pressure
 They shoot the show in Britain (different measuring system)
I wouldn't want baking not to be fun anymore
I don't think I could handle Paul's criticism 

Clearly I wouldn't measure up, but it's fun to think about. 


But now I'm also critical of baking - in a Paul and Mary sort of way. But only just for fun.

Here's my most recent bake:

Blueberry Buckle:



No comments: