Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Tween Tuesday Review: Saving the Team

 * First in a series *
Devin loves playing soccer, especially with her friends. When she moves across the country to California, she's hoping to make the soccer team. She worried for nothing. Tryouts are a joke. Everyone makes the team. Everyone seems to get equal playing time, no matter how good they are.

And Devin is good.

She wants to win.She wants the team to be an actual team. She makes friends with a few girls on the team. Before long, she's co-captain. Can she make a difference and help change the team to become more serious?
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this sports book - both for the fun of sports and the seriousness of playing because you love the game. I liked how Devin made new friends and helped out her teammates. I love the bond they had. I felt a little bad for Mirabelle, because I feel there's more to her story. But I do love how Devin stood up for herself and her teammates against bullies and those who spoke badly about the team. I love how she infected the team with her love for the sport. I love her ideas for her two friends who had trouble playing in front of people. I loved how annoyed Devin was at the soccer conditions for the girls team and how she worked to change it. An entertaining read with great messages. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: A great soccer book all about teamwork and friendship - perfect for any school or public library. Recommended.

No comments: