Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Picture Book Review: Mother Bruce

Grumpy Bruce likes to be left alone. He loves eating eggs. He finds recipes on the internet and creates them. But one day, the eggs hatch instead. Bruce becomes mother to four goslings. He is not pleased. But what's a beat to do?
My Thoughts: I'm a little late to the party on this one. I read about the sequel on Twitter and it sounded good, so I ordered both for my library. And I'm so happy I did. This one is funny and sarcastic - this book was a delight. I adored it. Bruce has great intentions but things don't work out as planned. He tries to make the best of it, but he's not always happy about it. The pictures were charming. An entertaining read that sure to please. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Final  Thoughts: Highly Recommended for all public libraries.

2 comments:

Danielle H. said...

I recently read both books too. So funny! I loved them.

Jessica said...

I don't think I've heard of this picture book before, but it looks like I would really enjoy it! It's going on my TBR list! :)