Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Tween Tuesday Review: Lost in Hollywood

Ginger feels like the only normal person in her family. She's happy to have a BFF with her same goals - become a doctor and move to a big city to open a practice together. They're even getting started with this year's  Science Olympics.

But when her great aunt is having trouble, the whole family plus Payton flies to Hollywood to help out. Aunt Betty used to be a Hollywood actress, but now she sits at home waiting for the phone to ring.

Something happened to all her money and her Oscar statue. She asks Ginger to help her recover the missing money, giving her a map (of sorts) to help her out. Betty swears she hid the money from the bank. If Ginger can't find it, the bank will foreclose on her house.
My Thoughts: A really cute book. I love how the author explores cities in her novels. I loved trekking all over Hollywood with Ginger and Payton and Margot. I enjoyed the stunts the trio pulled trying to get a behind the scenes look at some of the places where they thought the money might be hidden. (I guessed the location very early on, but I realize I'm not the target audience for this book). Plus I loved the journey the girls took to get to their realization of the true potential location.  I loved Leo and his crazy burrito taxi. I loved Ginger's brother and how he thought he was an alien. He added some humor to the story. I loved the walkie talkies, I loved ABJ. Another fun novel from Cindy Callaghan. Can't wait to see where we get lost next!

Cover Thoughts: Adorable
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Recommended purchase for public and school libraries

No comments: