Monday, December 19, 2016

Review: My Unscripted Life


Picture
Dee thinks her summer will be super boring after her rejection from a summer fine arts program and her BFF attending her own dream program. But then a movie production company comes to town. Before she knows it, Dee is working behind the scenes of a movie - a movie starting a famous pop star.

When she first meets him, she's disappointed. She never really thought they would be best friends, but she expected someone a little...less rude.

The more time she spends on location, the more she realizes that Miles as a LOT of stuff going on and maybe nursing a broken heart. Plus he did laugh at her joke. Could friendship (or something more) be in the works?
My Thoughts: I adored this book. I really love Lauren Morrill. She's quickly becoming a must read author for me. And an auto buy for the library. I loved the Hollywood angle in this novel, how a movie set comes to town. I love that Dee took a chance and found herself working on the set. I loved reading about her on set and what happens during a movie shoot. I loved the banter between her and Miles. I loved Dee finding herself back in her art again, I love how she let herself be. I especially loved how she found the courage to chase her dreams. 

Cover Thoughts: Perfect
 Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Highly Recommended for all public and school libraries

No comments: