Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Picture Book Review: Emerson Barks

Emerson likes to bark at things - squirrels, the mailman, and other animals. But the neighbor next door doesn't like his barking. In fact, she's fed up. Eva tries to stop him from barking, especially after the cat goes missing. Emerson tries really hard, but it's almost impossible to stop barking, especially since he has something Very Important to share.
My Thoughts: I adored this book. I loved Emerson, how he tried to be good and not annoy people. But holding in the barks made him uncomfortable. He had to be true to himself. I liked the ending of the story with Kissy the cat. The illustrations were charming. All around great read.

Cover Thoughts: Cute!
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Highly recommended for both schools and public libraries.

No comments: