Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Tween Tuesday Review: Genie in a Bottle

 * Book 9 in the Whatever After series *
Abby and Jonah fall into Aladdin after trying to help Maryrose, the mirror fairy. Once inside the new fairy tale, of course things get mixed up.

Abby and Jonah become the ones to search for the lamp instead of Aladdin. Abby doesn't think this plan is terrible because she can use the genie to free Maryrose.

Unfortunately her wish isn't clear and the genie frees himself. instead. Now Abby must deal with a novice genie who can't always grant her wish. Abby gets three wishes a day, but when the wishes go haywire, it's hard figuring out how Aladdin can win over the Princess's father.
My Thoughts: I really enjoy these books. I like how things go wrong, but Abby and Jonah try to fix it. Even though the fairy tales don't turn out exactly like the books, everything seems to work out in the end. I like how they tried to help Maryrose. I liked their interaction with the genie. I really enjoyed Aladdin and his mother and how sweet they were to Abby and Jonah even though they didn't have a surplus of food or really anything. Another fun addition to the series.

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Highly recommended for all Children's Departments.

We have the whole set at my library, and most of the summer, all the books were checked out.

Book 10: Sugar and Spice coming November 29th

No comments: