Friday, July 22, 2016

Summertime Book Review: Unexpected Everything

Andi knew what she wanted from life and a plan to get it. So imagine her surprise when her world comes crashing down after her father's political career takes a hit.

The scandal changes her summer plans in an instant. Now without her internship, Andi's floundering. She's stuck at home with no plans and no ways to create a better summer.

At first, she's at her wits end, but then she agrees to take a dog walking job. Just like that everything changes.

She meets Clark - a boy who challenges her on every level. Her relationship with him gets off to a rocky start but then rebounds.

Could this spontaneous summer be the best thing that ever happened to her?
My Thoughts: I LOVED this book, not surprising because I love her author books. I enjoyed the father - daughter banter, the political side to the book, Andi's friendships, her letting go of her plans and letting loose, and of course Clark. Clark reminded me of the Christoper Paolini publishing story crossed with a little Game of Thrones - which was awesome. And that sweet dog. Bertie was charming. I love how Clark and Andi didn't know much about each other and their first date was priceless. I liked learning more about Andi's mother. I loved how this summer taught her to have deeper relationships. I didn't want this book to end!

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Highly recommended for all teen collections.

No comments: