Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Tween Tuesday Review: Where You'll Find Me

Right before eighth grade, Anna's life changed. Her best friend dumped her to hang out with the more popular girls and her mom attempted suicide. Anna's the one that found her.

Now she's living with her father, his new wife, and their baby. Anna's not sure who to talk to about her life.

She starts eating lunch with other outsiders. The more time she spends with the misfits, the more she realizes she's one of them.

After hanging out with them, maybe she'll be able to find herself again.
My Thoughts: I would never ever go back to middle school. Anna's at the age, where everything she does is uncool. My heart went out to her as she struggled hard with the problems in her life without having a support system. I loved how she spent time with the misfits and eventually came to accept them as friends. I love how they owned their differences and how they had fun together. I liked how Anna's relationship evolved with her family.

I devoured this book and didn't want it to end. 

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: Purchased
Fun Fact: I got my copy of the book signed at an author event. Read about it here.
Final Thoughts: This one should be in every library - grab it up and read it first though. 

No comments: