Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Tween Tuesday Review: Kitchen Chaos

* First in a series * 
Liza and Frankie have been best friends forever. But their social studies group project requires three people. They team up with the new girl Lillian. Liza's excited to befriend Lillian, but Frankie's unsure about it. She doesn't want to mess up their friendship dynamic.

Liza comes up with an idea for their project - discovering new foods. It's perfect because her favorite chef is offering cooking classes. She gets Lillian and Frankie to also sign up with their moms.

But not everyone's excited about cooking classes. Can Liza steer this project into a win-win for everyone?

My Thoughts: Super fun read! I loved this book. I loved the look at friendships when a new friend comes into the picture and how it changes everything. I loved seeing the girls interact with their mothers at the cooking classes. I loved Chef Antonio. I loved how each of the girls had their own perspective in the story. I liked the diverseness of the three girls and how they started to learn about their backgrounds for their project. Lots of drama, lots of food, and great friendships. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series!

Cover Thoughts: Fun
Source: My Library

No comments: