Monday, January 18, 2016

Review: Ink and Bone

* First in a new series *
In a different world, the library of Alexandria survived. The library governs the people, selecting knowledge to filter to the people.

People are no longer allowed to own books and the libraries have scribes creating the books. While the printing press was designed, the library disposed of Gutenberg and any one else with a similar idea.

Jess's father works as a book smuggler. He decides that Jess's value lies in his future - at the library as a spy. He forces Jess to take the entrance exam. Jess passes he exam and heads off for basic training.

And that's where everything changes...Jess isn't sure who to trust. The Library's orders seem out of place. Jess knows he'll have to use all his wits to get himself out of the mess.
My Thoughts: I really liked the idea of this book and I enjoyed the book. It took me about 50 pages to get into in and then I was hooked.

I loved the idea that knowledge was power. And whoever controlled the knowledge controlled the world.

I really liked the differences between those in training with Jess. I liked the romances, the friendships, and the enemies. I liked how they all had to come together eventually and learn to trust each other. 

I liked the alternate history and the what if questions.

I really liked Scholar Wolfe - he grew on me as the book continued.

I can't wait to see what happens next.

Cover Thoughts: Interesting - I love the books on the bottom
Source: My Library

No comments: