Friday, January 8, 2016

My Reading History: the High School Years

 I was at a YA Librarian day a few months back and Teri Lesesne spoke about having everyone in her class create a reading history. It sounded like fun, so I thought I'd give it a try.


We read several books for school, but I'm not including those. 

I read Little Women - probably after watching the movie
Little Women (Little Women, #1)

After Clueless came out, I read a review in the school newspaper saying it was an adaptation of Emma. So I read Emma and I was hooked on Jane Austen. I read all her novels. (My three favorites and I adore these covers!)
EmmaPride and PrejudicePersuasion

My senior year, I had two study halls back to back. I would hide in the library stacks and read - pulling books off the shelves. I only remember two. The Count of Monte Cristo - which I LOVED and one about the titanic, which I think might be Amanda/Miranda. I remember being annoyed that someone checked it out while I was in the middle of reading it...
The Count of Monte Cristo


From my hometown library, I went through two reading phases:
Spy Books: Evelyn Anthony, Len Deighton, and Jack Higgins
The Janus ImperativeBerlin GameThe Eagle Has Landed

Romance Thrillers: I raced through Victoria Holt's and Phyllis A, Whitney's books
The Time Of The Hunter's MoonHunter's Green

Plus of course, I went through more Mary Higgins Clark
I'll Be Seeing You

I read John Grisham and Sue Grafton
The ClientA is for Alibi (Kinsey Millhone, #1)

I know I read more, but I'm having a hard time remembering them. I would come home with a huge stack of books in my arms - as many as I could carry. I frequently read what my mother or my sister read.

What books did you read as a teen?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've never read any of these books before - but books I've had to read for school are The Red Badge of Courage (kind of boring), The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (I loved this one), and Romeo and Juliet :D

Asma @ IceyBooks