Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Adult Review: Redemption Bay

 * Haven Point Book 2*
McKenzie Shaw loves her town, she's desperately trying to make the economy. Especially after Ben Kilpatrick left years ago and destroyed the once booming town.

Now he's back. And living next door to her.

McKenzie vows to be polite (after she yells at him for his past crimes) and then she learns that he's in a position to make the town soar to new heights. Sworn to secrecy, she has the town hopping to show him a welcoming community.

The more time she spends with him, the more she understands about his past and his reasons for escaping town the first time. Can she change his mind against the town without falling into her old crush. 
My Thoughts: I loved the first book in this series and of course gravitated towards this one. After a brief disappointment (I thought this was another Christmas story because of the lights on the boats), I fell quickly for this read.

I loved learning more about the town and it's history. I liked seeing characters from the previous books. I loved learning more about Ben (especially after so many comments in the first book, I wondered how he was going to become a likable character -but he really is!)

I love that McKenzie is the town mayor. I admire her patience with everyone giving her comments. I loved watching her in action from pulling together the festivals to dealing with the crisis. 

I loved the two dogs that formed an attachment. 

Haven Point sounds like a magical place: filled with great people, a sense of community, good friends, and of course romance. I just wonder how their library is :)

I can't  wait to read more in this series.

Cover Thoughts: A little misleading, but gorgeous!
Source: BEA 2015 - signed copy!
Final Thoughts: Read this series for the small town charm, the friendships, and of course the romance. 

No comments: