Friday, December 11, 2015

My Reading History: Children's Fiction Years


 I was at a YA Librarian day a few weeks back and Teri Lesesne spoke about having everyone in her class create a reading history. It sounded like fun, so I thought I'd give it a try.

As I grew older, I wanted to read the books my sister read. I re-read books that I loved often. I used the library. I had my own books and shared books with my sister. 

We went through a Judy Blume phase.
Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume: The audio books of these are great to listen to for the whole family. We laughed our way through the entire series. We listened to them,then my kids wanted to read them. We've read all of her books,pretty much all of them are a thumbs up.
It is written from a 4th graders point of view and Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing is the first in the series.: Any future children will be read Judy Blume books until they are old enough to read them themselves. These books helped shape my childhood.: Every young girl should read Judy Blume :):

The Little House books:
Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder:

And the scary books:
THE WITCHES: Wait Till Helen Comes: This book was a big part of my youth as it was one of the books that made me decide I wanted to be different:

Then the Babysitter Club books hit and that's all I read for a long time.
The Baby-Sitters Club books... Kristy, Claudia, Mary Anne, Stacey, Dawn, Jessi, & Mallory. A classic from my childhood:  camp : totally spot on, @Ashley Urban Outfitters. rock on, claudia: Nine Things The Babysitters Club Taught Us #urbanoutfitters: Loved these books! In elementary school i'd go to the library and go straight to these books. <3:

In 6th grade, I started to hide my reading, but I did check several of these out of the school library. They might have been my first romance books.
I read a bunch of these in 6th grade and loved them:

2 comments:

Micheline said...

I LOVED the Baby Sitter Club books too - man I was hooked on those something fierce! I wish that I'd grown up in an English school so I could have read more classic english books back then…everything was French for me and I feel like I missed out XD Awesome post^^ thanks for the trip down memory lane :)

Jessica said...

The Baby-Sitters Club, I love them!!!!!!! That was a series I used to read a lot! And the Sunfire books I have been trying to collect for awhile now, they look fun! :)