Saturday, November 7, 2015

Mysterious Saturday Review: Bodice of Evidence

 * Book 2 in the Perfect Proposals series *
Pepper's sister is getting married and she's looking for the perfect dress. After three shops, Felicity is feeling discouraged. The sisters and their mother take a quick break before heading to their last appointment.

When they arrive late, they're surprised to see no one in the shop. Pepper goes searching for anyone to help them and discovers the owner lying in the alley - murdered.

She struggles to understand the reason for the murder. Pepper convinces her sister to return to the store for another appointment. She has some questions to ask.

With Pepper's new business starting to take off, she doesn't have much time for snooping, but she doesn't let that stop her. Could she find out something that will land her in hot water?
My Thoughts: I really love this series. I love the relationship between Pepper and her sister. I liked seeing the women of the family shop for wedding dresses together. I love that Pepper's starting up her own business and I love watching it grow. It was interesting to see the wedding business from both the dress side and the proposal side (maybe the next one will take place in a bakery). I enjoyed the relationship that Pepper has with the police detective and wonder how that will start to change. I really like Gage and watching his relationship with Pepper grow. He seems smart, sweet, and willing to wait for her to find herself. I love that she's not just jumping into another relationship, that she's taking some time to find herself after her last relationship. 

Cover Thoughts: Love it
Source: My Library
Final Thoughts: A great new series to start with a young character finding her way in the world, one wedding proposal (and murder) at a time.

No comments: