Monday, March 2, 2015

Review: Rivals in the City


 * Fourth and final book in The Agency series *
With the Agency split into two - Mary and James set up their own Agency. But an unexpected person from their past threaten their present happiness. They're forced to dissolve their partnership and their relationship - temporarily.

They must work alone, in secret, and in fear for each other's lives. Above all, this woman can not find out about their relationship. I could spell disaster for them both. Can they solve the mystery and put the past behind them in order to enjoy their future?
My Thoughts: I love this series and this book answered many questions. I love the Agency - how it defied normal and used women as agents. The blend of romance, history, and mystery make this series stand out. I love learning more about Victorian life - especially the parts that detail lives or ordinary people and not the aristocracy. 

I love Mary for her determination, her intelligence, and her resourcefulness. I love James his forward thinking, his intelligence, and his loyalty.  I like how Mary uncovered more about her family history in this book. Although I long for more Mary Quinn stories, I'm happy with the ending. 

Cover Thoughts: Gorgeous as Usual
Source: ARC for review

Overall Thoughts: I ADORE this series - a perfect blend of danger, mystery, history, and romance. I would read many more Mary Quinn books and I'm sad to have the series end. 

1 comment:

Lea (YA Book Queen) said...

I remember reading the first book and loving the main character. Sounds like I should catch up, this book sounds excellent.

Great review!