Friday, January 30, 2015

Adult Review: One in a Million

 * Book 12 in the Lucky Harbor series *

Callie's in charge of a very popular wedding website and she works with all kinds of brides so they can fin the happily ever after the escaped her.

She's returned to town to check in on her grandmother - Lucille. The family's worried about her mental health. Callie finds her grandmother happy, feisty, and very nosy.

Lucille takes pride in matching the town together. She's decided that Callie will be her final and greatest match.

How can you think of forever when you are certain that forever isn't in the cards for you?

My Thoughts: I love this series and while I'm sad that this is the final book, it was also a perfect book. I love Lucille - she's been entertaining throughout the entire series, so I loved meeting her granddaughter and learning more about Callie. I loved the interactions between the two of them. Actually, any interaction with Lucille is entertaining. I love how she's living life on her own terms and isn't afraid of what people think. Plus she rocks at social media!

As for the romance, I liked how they both had to overcome past romantic issues - took a deep look at themselves, and decided that maybe happiness could happen.

I loved the moments between Tanner and his son. They stole my heart. I loved seeing Tanner show his unconditional love to his son and try to convince his son that he wants him in his life - and always has. I enjoyed watching them get to know each other between and become family and friends. But I also loved how Callie developed a relationship with Troy.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library

Overall Thoughts: If you like funny and sweet romances set in a small town  where gossip runs wild - devour this series immediately!

No comments: