Saturday, December 6, 2014

Mysterious Saturday Review: The Paris Mysteries

* Book 3 in the Confessions series *
Tandy and her family escaped New York to Paris where they hope to start a new life. But their new life creates more questions.

What happened with James?
Why are there boxes of Kathryn's stuff in Paris?
How did she really die?
What does this have to do with the drugs she and her siblings were forced to take as vitamins?

Even thought all these questions and more are floating around Tandy's head, getting the answers might not bring her the peace she so desperately craves.
My Thoughts: I really like this series. I like watching Tandy trying to unravel her past. Her parents were horrible, brutal, and unfeeling. I can't imagine growing up in that household. The pills Tandy and her siblings were forced to take seem to have lasting side effects. I liked the interactions between the siblings - how they're trying to move past the horrors they've been forced to live through, how they're trying to trust people again, and how they're trying to play by the rules. I loved the moments in Paris - seeing the streets through Tandy's eyes. My heart goes out to this family and all that they've been through...and yet I can't wait to read more in this series.

Cover Thoughts: Love it, especially the Eiffel tower refection.
Source: my Library

No comments: