Friday, August 22, 2014

SummerTime Book Review: Chasing Perfect

Books perfect for the beach or to read by the pool

Last year I read the Christmas book Christmas on 4th Street and I wanted to read the series from the beginning. So I started them over the summer.

Charity Jones just accepted a new position of City Planner in Fool's Gold, moving to take the job after a bad break-up. She's surprised to learn that the town has a serious lack of eligible single men and that one of her jobs will be to attract new businesses to the area.

In the first meeting to secure a new project for the town, her meeting is hijacked by the town's Golden Boy. It seems everywhere she turns, someone's mentioning Josh Golden. He may be a former cycling champion who still has big dreams and an even bigger secret, but finding a man isn't on Charity's to-do list. Sometimes, life doesn't work out the way we want...
My Thoughts:  A great introduction to this quaint small town, I loved meeting characters along with Charity and learning the town secrets. I liked the girls night and how quickly gossip spreads. I liked learning more about Josh and his past - especially his racing past. A fun romance that's perfect for summer reading and the start of a charming series that I can't wait to keep reading.

Cover Thoughts: Cute - I like the blend of colors
Source: My Library

No comments: