Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Tween Tuesday Review: Bad Hair Day

* Book 5 in the Whatever After series *
After a bad day at school, Abby's feeling miserable. Her brother tries his best to cheer her up with a trip into a fairy tale. At first, she's reluctant, but Abby's not about to let her brother wander off alone. The two of them enter the mirror and tumble out into a forest.

They hear someone singing about hair and realize they're in Rapunzel's story. They convince her to let down her hair and climb up into the tower. Of course, that's when things start going wrong.

One hair cut later and the story's about to change - again. Will Rapunzel find a happy ending?
My Thoughts: I really love this series of fractured fairy tales. I love the siblings- they've clever, funny, and loyal to each other. I love how they get themselves into trouble - but also how they find ways to get out of trouble and to make things right. I loved the hair cut scene and how that completely changed the story. I love how Abby realizes that one failure doesn't mean it's the end of everything - a great reminder for all of us as sometimes it's impossible not to focus on the negative. We just need to keep our triumphs and successes in mind; I know that I have a hard time with that. 

Cover Thoughts: Perfection
Source: my Library

No comments: