Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review: Being Sloan Jacob

Sloan Emily Jacob can't deal with her family. She's also not happy to be going to figure skating camp, especially given that she purposely destroyed her career three years ago.

Sloan Devon Jacob has an anger problem and instead of getting benched at the beginning of next year (her senior year), she's chooses hockey camp.

The two girls meet at their hotel when they literally run into each other. In having the same name, their bags get mixed up. As they share dinner, trying to get over the luggage issue, Sloan Emily comes up with an idea to change places for the summer. As crazy as it seems, it just might work. Can they get through four weeks without getting caught?
My Thoughts: I loved this book - it reminded me of the Parent Trap minus the parental get together. I loved the dual perspective of hockey and figure skating. I love how the Sloans grew as they were trying to impersonate each other. The romance, the competition, and the family drama also added into my enjoyment.

Cover Thoughts: Cute, but I would have liked it to be on the ice
Source: My Library

1 comment:

Lea (YA Book Queen) said...

I kind of love the Parent Trap, so I'll have to check this out. It sounds cute!