Thursday, April 3, 2014

Review: Don't Even Think About It

After taking a flu shot, students in one homeroom suddenly start hearing thoughts - EVERYONE'S thoughts. At first it's hard to believe, hard to control, and hard not to think. Everyone has secrets.

They start meeting to discuss what they're going to do. Tell no one is the obvious answer. It could be kind of cool to see what others are thinking. Cheating would be easier. You'd always know what your friend really thought of you.

As time goes on, secrets spill out. Lives are ruined from all the drama: family, friendship, and relationship. Nothing will ever be the same for this group of sophomores.
My Thoughts: Oh man, I would NEVER want this power. At first, I think it might be cool, but then to hear everything would be terrible.  All that noise in your head and all those secrets coming out. Plus I would never want anyone to know what I was thinking. 

But - the idea makes for a wonderful book. I devoured this one. I really liked watching the group trying to figure out what to do with their new powers. I like how they worked out clues to help themselves cope with all the noise. My favorite characters was Olivia - how this new power gave her confidence to break out of her shell and find friends and maybe even a boyfriend. I can't wait to see what happens in the sequel!

Cover Thoughts: Before I read it, I really liked it. But now, it doesn't capture the awesomeness of the book.
Source: My Library

Fun Fact: I got to hang out with Sarah Mlynowski as she came to a local bookstore. She's super fun (just like her books.)


No comments: