Friday, April 4, 2014

If We Were Having Tea (2)


Jamie over at The Perpetual Page Turner featured this on her blog last year. I used it last year and thought I'd bring it back. I loved the idea of sharing a little bit more about myself. I don't write too many personal pieces on the blog and maybe it's time I change that. I'm not a coffee drinker, so I changed it to tea.

So far the year hasn't been horrific, although there have been some bad parts.

If We Were Having Tea....I'd tell you Health is still an issue. I had a scary incident at the beginning of the year and a small operation. Things look better now, but it's not all resolved.

If We Were Having Tea....I'd tell you that I just got back from Florida - a long weekend away and while the weather wasn't as warm or sunny as I would have liked, it was just what I needed to recharge. 

If We Were Having Tea....I'd tell you that I haven't been sending my manuscript out lately. After some rejections, I'm taking a long hard look at it. Plus after this cold winter, I'm not sure anyone wants to be reading about snow and a Christmas tree farm.


If We Were Having Tea....I'd tell you that work has still be tricky, but I'm trying to make it better and make myself better - mostly trying to stay positive throughout all these changes. It's not always easy, but I'm sure no one became a librarian because it was an easy job.


If We Were Having Tea....I'd tell you that one of my librarian BFFs just got a new job as a Director and I'm so happy for her. 

If We Were Having Tea....I'd tell you that I'm excited for spring and warm weather. I want to be able to go hiking again. I want to feel the sun on my skin. I want to wear my colorful clothes again and flip flops.

If We Were Having Tea....I'd tell you that I've been on a great reading kick - reading so many great books and the list doesn't end. I love it! 

How are things going in your life?

2 comments:

Jessica L Buike (AuthorJess and Operation Relax) said...

I super love this! Just like I love the "behind the scenes" posts I've seen on some other book blogs. If I get a chance I will definitely have to do this on my own blog! :)

I can tell you that if we were having tea, I'd probably be filling you in on the crazy that is running a health club for my day job, running my own travel agency for my "all other times" job, and somehow managing to post to my book blog at least once or twice per month! ;)

Speaking of, I posted a book giveaway today that I'd love to have you enter (and feel free to share the word): http://authorjess.blogspot.com/2014/04/recommended-read-and-giveaway-lexicon.html

Jessica said...

I love these posts, too. It feels like catching up with you...though we really need to do that in person soon! It's been way too long. I'm sorry your health is still an issue. :/