Saturday, December 14, 2013

Review: Palace of Spies

When Peggy rejects a suitor, her uncle throws her out of his house with only the clothes on her back. Peggy isn't sure where to go, but a mysterious man who recently mentioned her dead mother might be a place to start.

Without options, she's forced into a plot posing as a lady-in-waiting for the Princess of Wales as Francesa. Peggy's asked to write detailed letters back to her "friends". While life at the palace is fun, it's also dangerous.

Another made has it in for Peggy. In looking into her predecessor's live, it's possible Francesca was murdered instead of dying from an illness as she was told. With England uneasy about the throne in the Jacobite/Hanoverian conflicts, each step Peggy takes could be her last.
My Thoughts: It took me a bit to get into this one - until the days at the Palace. I loved learning more about this time period. I like the tension in the castle and the spies behind everyone turn. I enjoyed Peggy for outspokeness, her curiousness, and her determination. I liked watching her observe court and find her place while trying to pretend to be someone else. I'm eager to learn what happens next.

Cover Thoughts: Cute, but I liked the original cover better
Source: My Library

No comments: