Friday, October 11, 2013

Review: Steelheart

Everything was normal - before super humans. When they started taking over the world - everything changed.

Now humans live in fear. Sometimes without electricity, food, water, or sunlight.

David knows something can be done to change the world. He saw Steelheart bleed. He spends all his free time researching and waiting for the perfect opportunity

Now it's here - if only he can convince the Reckoners to listen to his plan. It's a great plan, but he'll need their help to pull it off. Will they trust him enough to agree and try to bring down the most powerful Epic?
My Thoughts: A fascinating read that's very different. I got an ARC at BEA thinking my husband would like it, and he did. But then he made me read it next. I devoured it too. I like how David spent his time researching the Epics for their weaknesses, collecting data on them, and creating theories. I confess it made my nerdy self sigh. I never saw most of the twists and turns coming, which was perfect.  I enjoyed watching the revolution spark and the ideas catch fire. I really liked David and how he found and infiltrated the Reckoners. I enjoyed Cody's banter and Abraham's thoughtful words. A great dystopian novels that stayed in my mind for days after.

Cover Thoughts: Cool
Source: BEA ARC

No comments: