Sunday, August 11, 2013

A-Z Meme

A fun meme from Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner
AtoZsurvey

Author you’ve read the most books from:

Meg Cabot at 57 (Want an easy way to figure this out if you have Goodreads and keep good track of your stuff? Go to your account, hit “my books”and on the left hand side under your shelves you will see “most read authors”)

Best Sequel Ever:

Hard choice, but I think Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Currently Reading:

No Safety in Numbers by Dayna Lorentz

Drink of Choice While Reading:

Hot Chocolate in the winter- by the fire

E-reader or Physical Book?

While I own a Kindle - I've barely read anything on it. Hands Down a Physical Book reader. 

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:

Fred or George Weasley 

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

Game of Thrones 

Hidden Gem Book:

Maid of Secrets by Jennifer McGowan

Important Moment in your Reading Life:

Summers during college, I remember coming back from school and just reading for FUN. Loving it.

Just Finished:

Heirs and Graces by Rhys Bowen

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:

I try to keep an open mind, but right now, I'm all about reading books that appeal to me. There's way to many good books about there to stick with one that doesn't hold my interest. 

Longest Book You’ve Read:

Count of Monte Cristo (for fun in high school - loved it) - 1312 pages
** easy way to find this out. Go to your Goodreads “read” list, don’t scroll down but where you are on the screen there will be this little tab on the bottom that lets you choose how you want to scroll or how many books you want display. There is also a sort option with a drop down and you can sort by page.

Major book hangover because of:

Roomies by Sara Zarr and Tara Altebrando

Number of Bookcases You Own:

6: 4 in my library/craft room, and 2 built in bookshelves in my living room

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
Winter Dreams, Christmas Love by  Mary Francis Shura - loved this book as a teen

Preferred Place To Read:

Mostly I read on the coach, but I end the day with a few chapters in bed.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

So You Want to Be a Wizard: "Reading one book is like eating one potato chip."

Reading Regret:

That I didn't get to grow up with Harry Potter - I found him in college.

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):

Many, but I'd say Secrets of the Immortal Life of Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:

Game of Thrones
Pride and Prejudice
Harry Potter series

Unapologetic Fangirl For:

Every Meg Cabot book!

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

So Many, it's hard to choose just one! 

Worst Bookish Habit:

Book hoarding from the library - often if I don't take them home when they first come out, other people grab it and I forget to take it home.  

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

Just One Day by Gayle Forman

Your latest book purchase:

Some board books for a friend

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

Forever and a Day by Jill Shalvis

2 comments:

Kate said...

It's so fun to read about other book junkie's reading habits. I just finished NO SAFETY IN NUMBERS and started book two. It's a fun series :)

Lea (YA Book Queen) said...

Right on for Meg Cabot! She's the author I've read the most books from too.

Great post :)