Thursday, April 25, 2013

Review: Grass is Always Greener

 * 3rd Book in the Belles trilogy *

Izzie and Mira have had a rocky start - their secrets have been splashed over the newspapers, their friends have stabbed them in the back, and the family drama just keeps happening.

Izzie's aunt has secrets from her mother's past - but Izzie isn't sure she can trust her aunt after Zoe abandoned her twice. She's not sure she wants to give up the opportunity to talk with her especially since Izzie's still reeling her from her grandmother's death.

Mira's trying to hold it all together. She's worried about Izzie. Her boyfriend's moving. Plus she's dying to plan her sweet sixteen party.

Can the girls recover from all their ups and downs and just enjoy life?

My Thoughts: I"m sad that this trilogy is over because I'm come to love the characters. I love watching Izzie adjust to her new life, without leaving her old self behind. In this book, I liked how she tries to blend her group of friends - even though it's a major struggle. I love the romance, the family drama, and watching the sisters interact. Mira's grown with the influence of Izzie and with her art. I love reading about her painting; it softens her. A fantastic conclusion to the trilogy! I can't wait to see what Jen Calonita writes next!

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Jen! :)