Saturday, December 15, 2012

Mysterious Saturday Review: 12 Clues of Christmas

 * the 6th book in the Royal Spyness Series*

Lady Georgiana Rannoch can't imagine spending Christmas at her home in Scotland with her family especially when her sister-in-law's been talking about her behind her back. In order to escape, she answers an advertisement for a house party looking for a hostess for a proper English Christmas for guests.

It just so happens to be in the exact quaint village her mother will be spending Christmas. On the day that Georgiana arrives, a man has died. A neighbor fell out of a tree and died. 

For the next several days, another mishaps occurs. As the deaths start piling up, it's hard to tell if the deaths are accidental or something more sinister. 

Georgiana's starting to get worried as more people die. She's not about to let something happen to her new friends or her family. Luckily, Darcy's shown up and she has someone to lean on. However, after hearing her sister-in-law wanting to marry her off, Georgiana's determined to figure out her future.

My Thoughts: A fabulous addition to the series, a perfect Christmas cozy mystery. Bowen executed the mystery beautifully, as it kept me guessing until the end. I loved learning about the old fashioned English Christmas: the food, the past times, and the small village traditions. I adore Lady Georgiana's grandfather and her maid. Their manners make me laugh, both for different reasons. I'm impressed with Lady Georgiana's streak of independence, her morality, and her stubbornness. I like her flirtation with Darcy. He's charming. I'm so curious to the ending of the book and what the means for Lady Georgiana's future. I can't wait to read the next installment of this series.

Cover Thoughts: Great
Source: My Library 

No comments: