Saturday, September 8, 2012

Mysterious Saturday Review: Sour Apples

 * 6th book in the Orchard Series*

Meg's getting her orchard ready for a new season now that winter's over. Bree and Seth are trying to convince her to expand her orchard. Soon, one thousand trees are headed her way.
While kicking their heels up at the annual end of winter party, they meet Meg's friend Lauren. She's helping run a Congressional campaign for a former town quarterback. Lauren's hoping to gain Seth's endorsement. However, Seth isn't too fond of Rick and hasn't been since their high school days.
Plus Seth has more than enough to deal with his with own work, helping Meg, and looking into a dairy farmer's claim on her land. Joyce leased land from the town, which had previously been toxic. One of her cows died and she's eager to learn more.
The death is labeled an accident, but could it be possible that someone knows more about the land and is looking for any information pertaining to the property?

My Thoughts: I really enjoy this series. I love the small town and how fast gossip spreads. I love learning more about apples. Learning about different farms (dairy and apple) are fascinating. I find Bree amusing with her abrupt manners. I really like the townspeople - Art, Seth's family, and the couple who own the restaurant in town. I like watching the relationship develop between Seth and Meg. Sheila Connolly creates the perfect small town, blending murder together with every day life seamlessly. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute - I like the split milk.

Source: my Library

No comments: