Friday, August 17, 2012

Review: Girl in the Clockwork Collar

 * Book 2 in the Steampunk Chronicles series*

Following the ending to the first book, Griffin, Finely, Sam, and Emily travel to New York City to rescue their friend Jasper. While Jasper never talked about his past, he's kept a large secret from his friends.

Jasper got himself mixed up with scoundrels and mixed up in love. Now those scoundrels are threatening to harm the girl he used to (and probably could again) love. They want him to locate the item he stole.

Unfortunately for him, he broke the item into several pieces. Now he has to go all over the city recovering said item, hoping that Ming isn't ill treated, while pretending that he's going to come out of this situation alive and well.

Meanwhile, the other four do their best to help uncover the truth about Jasper's disappearance and the people he's hanging out with again.

My Thoughts: I'm LOVING this series. As soon as I finished the first book, I immediately devoured this book too. I loved the change in setting and looking at New York City in a different light. I loved Finely's strength to infiltrate a gang without causing too much suspicion. I'm impressed by her snark and attitude. I liked how she stood up to Dalton - not showing her fear and not giving in to him. I enjoyed the moments of banter between her and Jasper, but I loved the moments between her and Griffin. I can't wait for more books in this series!

Cover Thoughts: Great - I love the necklace
Source: BEA - from Harlequin!

No comments: