Saturday, August 25, 2012

Mysterious Saturday Review: A Brew To Kill

 * the 11th book in the coffeehouse mystery series*

Clare's trying to keep up with the times, so she recently purchased a food truck. Muffin Muse has been gaining lots of attention lately, thanks to Clare and her new consultant Lily.

Lily's working on creating healthy, but tasty snacks to combine with Clare's coffees. Together they've been the toast of the food blogs, which is angering one particular food truck owner.

During an altercation, just outside The Blend, Lily's run over by a white van. At the moment she's in critical condition, but Clare's determined to figure out what happened. The driver drove away, without even hitting the brakes. To Clare that can only mean one thing - attempted murder.

Can she figure out what happened in Lily's past that would cause her to believe she deserves this horrible accident?

My Thoughts: Although I don't like coffee, I adore this series. I love all the talk about food and coffee. I can imagine myself in a great coffee shop just like The Blend, enjoying tea and a treat while reading a book. It's a perfect place. I like the New York setting.  I like the addition of the food trucks - they're huge right now.   I guessed the ending right before it happened, which is unusual for me. I love the cast of characters - especially Clare's family - Madame, Joy, and even her ex-husband. But I adore the moments between Clare and Mike - especially learning about Crazy Quinn. I liked the ending and can't wait to see what happens next between the two of them.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: my Library.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, there are 11 books!? I've only read the first haha. Guess I have a lot of catching up to do!!