Saturday, July 21, 2012

Mysterious Saturday Review: Pies and Prejudice

 * first in a new series*

Ella Mae fled New York City, when she found her husband otherwise occupied with twins in the elevator. She runs back home to Georgia and the sleepy town she escaped when she met her husband. By running, she also left behind her culinary school.
Now Ella Mae's family has enveloped her back into the fold. She's talking with her mother again. She's not sure she's wants a divorce, but she does know she's never going back to New York City.  As things fall into place, her family helps her purchase a pie shop.
Ella Mae makes magically delicious pies. Unfortunately her childhood nemesis also wants to purchase the property. She warns Ella Mae against going through with the sale. She and Ella Mae have a shouting match in the bank parking lot. The next morning the police are at her house. Loralyn's fiance has been murdered and Ella Mae's the number one suspect. 

My Thoughts: I wanted to bake pies and eat pie all while reading this charming book. I loved the small town feel of this book. I loved watching the shop transform. I liked how all the family members came together to make the shop a success.  I loved reading about Ella Mae baking the pies. I'm intrigued about the magic that Ella Mae infuses into the pies. I loved watching Ella Mae blossom in her hometown and spreading her wings to find herself again. I can't wait to read more about her talent for magic in the next book.

Cover Thoughts: Perfect
Source: My Library.
Up Next: Peach Pies and Alibis comes out in March 2013

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds great! I love cozies and I've been reading so much YA lately that I really need to get back into them :)