Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tween Tuesday Review: Racing Into Trouble


* Racing Into Trouble is book 2 in the Timber Ridge Riders series. Click here to read my review for book one: Keeping Secrets*
** Tween Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at GreenBeanTeenQueen to highlight great reads for tweens. Join the fun!  **

Kate and Angela have an uneasy relationship. Angela's excited because a new girl will soon be arriving at the stables. Jennifer West, from England, has riding in her blood. Angela hopes that will her riding skills, Jennifer might be enough to kick Kate off the team.

Kate's happy to be back riding horses and living with her friend. She doesn't mind helping Holly get around the house. She's excited about Holly's future and her ability to ride horses again. After an accident leaves Holly's mom on crutches, Kate takes over more responsibility in the barn. Things aren't going well as notes turn up missing, a fire starts in the barn, and a horse goes out of control. Both Holly and Kate know Angela's behind these pranks making Kate look bad, but without proof, they can't do anything.

Will these incidents all add up to major trouble for Kate?

My Thoughts: I tore through this sequel, loving the new horse that comes to the barn that's a bit of handful. I love how Kate tries to tame him with Lifesavers!  I love reading about the horses and their quirks. I think Jennifer will be an interesting addition to the stable. The drama between the riders kept me turning the pages as I had to find out what happened. The news at the end makes me eager to read the next book in this fun series.

Cover Thoughts: Cool - I like the horse running.

Source: From the author - Thanks Maggie!


Up Next: Riding for the Stars


No comments: