Sunday, June 10, 2012

BEA: recap Tuesday (part 2)

I'm still trying to remember everyone I met and everything I saw that looked awesome - it's pretty hard. BEA is my favorite book moments of the year. I look forward to it each yet. I love meeting people who love books as much as I do! 


I love meeting bloggers, who's blogs I read. I love meeting new to me bloggers. I love seeing librarian friends and meeting new librarian friends. I like chatting with the publishers and finding out more about their upcoming books.  I love looking at the book covers on the walls of the booths. 


Tuesday: Was the first day of BEA.


I arrived around 8ish and checked my suitcase. There was already a long line of people waiting. I found a shorter line and sat down to wait with them. While I had my day planned, I knew from past experiences that the plan usually goes out the window within moments.


I started by hitting up my favorite publishers and then moved to specific authors.



Here's a photo of the Liar Society: Lies that Bind. I adore this cover and can't wait to read the book. I was hoping to snag one, but never saw one.



Here's Stealing Parker and Twisted Tragedy of Miss Natalie Stewart - again books that I can't wait to read. 

In the morning, I met Harelquin authors. They were all super sweet. While waiting in line (it was a long one), Harlequin handed out two arcs and some bookmarks. They were really organized this year. 


Maria V. Snyder - who's books I adore
 Rachel Vincent

In the afternoon, I stood in line with my co-worker Amanda to see James Patterson. He was super nice! I'm looking forward to reading Confessions of a Murder Suspect. 

I also met Gordon Korman. I've been adoring his tween books after the first one we read for our 4th and 5th grade bookclub and for the book club at the schools. All the kids LOVED Chasing the Falconers. I was really happy to meet him and I'm looking forward to reading Ungifted.

I went to the Meet the Apocalypsies event, which was great, but crowded. I met several authors (sometimes climbing over chairs to do it) and a few book bloggers.
After that event, I went back to my hotel room to change for the Penguin Teen party.

View from my hotel room

The Penguin Party was AMAZING and very crowded. I chatted with several librarians and people from the Northshire Bookstore (which I went to all the time when I was young) and RJ Julias - where I met awesome authors. I met John Green who was charming. I chatted with Maureen Johnson, Allie Condie, Marie Lu, and  Susane Colasanti. All of whom were so very nice and made my day.

After the party, Amanda and I went to Times Square to grab a bite to eat. That's where I saw the banner for the NBA playoffs - with Rondo featured!



A quick look at today's books:

These will go into the library collection

These are books I can't wait to read!

These are books I know the teens will love for summer reading prizes!  I can't wait to share them.

Now I need to update my purchasing list for the library as there are SO many great teen and tween books coming out soon!!!! Happy I could learn about them.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I wish I could have gone to the Penguin party. *daydreams*

lisa and laura said...

AH! So jealous of your book haul! Thanks for posting that awesome pic of TLTB. We're hoping to have ARCs SOON! We'll make sure they send you a copy! XOXO

Jennifer Rummel said...

@Lisa and Laura - thanks you two are sweet. The books are headed to the library for prizes for the summer reading program. But there are several I'm going to read first :)

Ryan said...

So jealous of Prodigy! And Gods and Warriors by Michelle Paver is great. I read a proof from the UK publisher back in Febrary. Definitely recommend! :D