Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tween Tuesday Review: Popular

Tween Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at GreenBeanTeenQueen to highlight great reads for tweens. Join the fun!  

* book 14 in the Canterwood Crest series *

Lauren Towers needs to come clean about her past. She's not the same girl. She's grown both as a person and as a rider. However, now that her secret's out, she must deal with the consequences.

Mostly everyone's ok with her news. After all, she's only been at Canterwood Crest for a week. Most people wait longer than that to spill their deepest darkest secrets.

The one person who's still acting strange is Khloe. Khloe says she's fine, but something feels off. Could she secretly be mad at Lauren? Could their relationship be in jeopardy? Lauren doesn't know what she's do if she didn't have Khloe's friendship!

My Thoughts: Oh - those pesky cliff hangers! 


I'm so addicted to this series for the friendship drama, the small touches of romance, the fashion, and most of all, the horses. I love reading about riding classes, training with the horses, and even grooming the horses.


I like how Lauren handled the situation. I admire how she explained to her friends and also to the rest of her teammates. She made it clear that she puts riding for fun and her horse first and foremost. Competition comes second.


I loved Drew and Lauren's first date. It was simply perfect! I can't wait to see how their relationship progresses. 


I enjoyed delving deeper into Lauren and Khloe's relationship. They bonded really quickly, but it seems as though there's some cracks in the foundation of their friendship. 


Can't wait to read more about Lauren and Khloe as well as Lauren's first showing since her accident.


Cover Thoughts: Fabulous


Source: my Library


Fun Fact: Jessica once again mentioned me in the acknowledgments! How sweet is that?


Up Next: Comeback - out August 7th






Pinterest: I created this Lauren Towers pin:
 http://pinterest.com/pin/147281850284155380/

1 comment:

Cool Girlz said...

Hello I'm a 13-year-old student and I happened to stumble upon your website :) I've read the Canterwood Crest series (up to Chosen) and I'm not trying to be rude, but I have to say I'm not impressed with the books at all. The covers are indeed eye-catching and beautiful,but the content is bland and clichéd. I don't like the characters, especially Sasha and Lauren, because they are all one-sided and kind of dim-witted. I feel that it's hard to relate to the characters because all of them are born to privileged( or at least wealthy) families and they never had to do anything, but in real life we have to study hard to get into a good school. Although the writer tries to depict them as intelligent, they show no signs of intelligence at all. They were never shown studying, being more concerned with friendship and boyfriends and make-up and fashion and riding. And I have no idea why they are concerned about such things since they are hardly older than me. I feel that overall, the Canterwood Crest series are mildly entertaining and are fun to read (and fantasize about the perfect lives the characters have) when you're bored but definitely have no intellectual value.