Saturday, February 11, 2012

Mysterious Saturday Review: Mastermind Plot

*the 2nd book in the series - the first is Midnight Tunnel*

Zannah can't believe she's been invited to Boston to her grandmother's house. She's excited to see the city of Boston and to spend more time with her Uncle Bruce and learn more secrets to investigating.

When she arrives, she realizes that Uncle Bruce hasn't changed his opinion of her. He had no idea she was coming and he's not interesting in sharing any information about his new case with her.

Still, Zannah's determined to make the best of it.  She's enrolled in school at Miss Lydia Doucette's Academy for Young Ladies. There the girls pepper her with questions about the mystery she solved.

One girls isn't impressed with her. Before long, Zannah realizes that Adele's the daughter of the man who hired Uncle Bruce. Someone's setting his warehouses on fire. Adele has a theory, but Uncle Bruce refuses to listen to her ideas. Zannah, Will, and Adele share theories and start investigating the matter themselves. Will they be able to uncover the plot?

My Thoughts: I loved this book - Zannah is a wonderful character filled with curiosity, determination, stubbornness, and inquisitiveness. I loved the Boston setting. I loved Zannah's grandmother - she has the same feisty spirit as her granddaughter. I loved seeing Will again. I really enjoyed Adele's sweet and sassy nature. I loved how she undertook searching for clues herself.  I'm a big fan of this series and I can't wait to read more of Zanna's adventures. It's the perfect tween mystery series.


Cover Thoughts: Great - I love how Will and Zannah are watching something
Source: I won this from the author -Thanks Angie!
Similar Read: Enola Holmes 
Release Date: Look for this March 1st.

No comments: