Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tween Tuesday Review: Initiation

Lauren was so excited at being accepted into Canterwood Crest - now that she's here, she's nervous about fitting in. She has doubts the moment she meets her new roommate.

Quickly, she learns that her roommate's first words were an act. Khloe quickly becomes her new BFF and tour guide. She helps Lauren navigate through the buildings and more importantly the stables.

Soon, Lauren's meeting new friends. While she loves the social aspect of Canterwood, she still has her placement test to take.

One girl Lauren meets keeps trying to intimidate her. Lauren's not falling for Riley's mind games. She'd sooner not hang out with Riley at all, but she doesn't have much choice. Lauren's not about to become a doormat. She's not going to change. She's not ready to share her secret.

Can Lauren survive at Canterwood - with all the classes and homework, the riding lessons, and friendship drama. Will the pressure become too much for her to handle?

My Thoughts: I love Lauren's first few days at Canterwood! I loved getting to a whole new group of girls. I love the fashion and room descriptions. Canterwood seems like a cozy school - it makes me want to apply. I love how this new set of girls is so different than Sasha Silver's friends. I love how this new chapter continues and I can't wait to read more about Lauren Towers, especially after the cliff hanger ending!

Cover Thoughts: Cute!

Source: My Library

Fun Fact: Check the post here about my surprise inside the book!

Up Next: Popular - out May 1st - Luckily it's not long to wait until this one comes out

1 comment:

Bri Ahearn said...

Good review! I've yet to read any of the Lauren books but I think I may like her more than Sasha.