Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Review: Jane Austen a life revealed

I'm a huge fan of Jane Austen. I even have a notebook full of research which I was going to use to write a book after college and before grad school. That never happened. I wish I wrote this one!

It's the first YA biography for Jane Austen.

This was a fun, but quick read for me. There wasn't too much that I didn't already know about her. However, if I read this as a teen, I would have adored it and it would have been eye opening for me.

I discovered Jane Austen in high school when someone wrote up a review of Clueless and mentioned that it was a modernized version of Emma.

I read Emma and then Pride and Prejudice. The I read her other works and fell completely in love.

I think this book is a great introduction to both her life and her novels.


Cover Thoughts: Cute!

Source: Inter-Library Loan

No comments: